Projects #madewithlibrepcb

This is a thread where you can post pictures of your finished projects that were created using LibrePCB. Feel free to use the hashtag #madeWithLibrePCB when you share pictures on social media!

Please don’t use this thread for discussions, only for showcasing your projects.

To start, here’s the very first PCB that was ever produced with LibrePCB. Back then there was no support for text, so we had to create the text using traces :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Small breakout for 100<->50 mil pitch rect headers, from September last year

2 Likes

Simple LED PCB we made at CoSin 2019 in a LibrePCB workshop. Milled on a PCB mill.

1 Like

A quick test PCB used to test our new PCB self-etching equipment:

20190708142659-4bjfbn42

D-a4rC0WkAUiy89

D-a4tI5X4AAsI5H

1 Like

Just a couple of boards I created recently with LibrePCB of a for a switched & long distance I2C bus prototype.

3 Likes

We used LibrePCB to create a Raspberry Pi shield with two 8 channel I2C multiplexer and several connectors with different supply voltages.

It was done by our intern and it was the first PCB he created.

3 Likes

A hydro power battery charger:

IMG_20190818_182734

3 Likes

Desk lift controller with firmware written in Rust.

2 Likes

PCB for a physical “people now present” counter with nixie tubes that sends it data directly to the SpaceAPI.

1 Like

LoRaWAN based low-power water temperature sensor with a STM32L071 microcontroller:

2 Likes

An ergo monoblock angled keyboard, using a Nucleo STM32WB55CG USB dongle as MCU board (surface mounted). Everything is open source, see here for details. I had to patch LibrePCB in order to rotate each side by 20°, sadly I can’t share this patch since it breaks some other features…

5 Likes

Produced and assembled by PCBWay (I wrote an ad-hoc script that converts BoM & PnP files). This is an expansion card for any SBC with a RPi-compatible GPIO header. It can multiplexe USB 2.0, HDMI 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet signals, and it has a couple of relays to switch power/pin state. We are using this kind of hardware to validate SBCs using other SBCs :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

A small adapter PCB to connect to a devboard like a Blue Pill to a debug probe with a 1.27mm pitch Cortex-M SWD connector.

2 Likes

A 4-layer break out board for LILYGO TTGO Micro32 tiny ESP32 module for breadboard usage. Source here. I will use this for developing a split ergonomic wireless keyboard in the future.

3 Likes

A PCB for opening/closing the door of our chicken coop, taking into account the wall clock time as well as the ambient light level:

After soldering, with all components:

Firmware development:

The project is still WIP, you can check it out here: GitHub - dbrgn/chicken-door

The PCB art was made using GitHub - dbrgn/svg2librepcb: Generate LibrePCB library elements from an SVG file. (with some manual adjustments).

2 Likes

I just received my first PCBs designed with LibrePCB from Aisler. It is a simple Servo-Tester as it is typically used for testing servos for a model aircraft. A special feature of the design is, that you can optionally mount a potentiometer or a an incremental encoder at the same place of the board. I created a special footprint and a special symbol for this purpose.

Top side with incremental encoder

Bottom side

Potentiometer instead of incremental encoder.

rgds Gerd

4 Likes

Hello, there.
That’s not the real PCB, but kind of POC. There is the life outside of KiCAD. :slight_smile:
I’m almost done with re-creation of Helix Split Ortho.
Library and Project are here, if someone get interested.
Have a nice day.

1 Like

A CAN bus to USB interface working fine 24/7 for almost 3 years now :rocket: (covered by a heat-shrink tubing, thus unfortunately no real picture):

And an ethernet interface for electricity smart meters, with 4 copper layers - still work in progress (not functional yet):

3 Likes

Hello,
I was made one of PCB design for my customer by LibrePCB.
Was used v0.1.7, exported to gerber and made by chinese PCB FAB.
PCB design was very simple, due this I select LibrePCB as EDA.

2 Likes