How can I make multilayer boards?

Hi.
For now I’m just playing around and getting myself acquainted with the program, but eventually I would like to make a fairly advanced multi-layer board. That is, advanced for a hobby project. However, I can’t understand how the layer stack up is supposed to work? I have set it to 2 inner layers, assuming it would give me a total of 4 layers for the board, but “layer” drop-down only gives me “Top copper” and “Bot copper”. How do access the other two?

/E

You set the inner layer count under the menu Board -> Layer Stack Setup?

Actually this should be enough. Which dropdown doesn’t show the inner copper layers?

You set the inner layer count under the menu Board -> Layer Stack Setup?

Yes. I set it to 2.

Which dropdown doesn’t show the inner copper layers?

The one labeled “Layer:” next to the one labeled “Width:”

Really? When drawing traces? I do have the inner layers in the dropdown:

grafik

After restarting the application, so do I. It must have been a temporary glitch.
While we’re at it, is there a way to show/hide individual layers, or should I add that to the user requests?

In Eagle I have made a keyboard shortcut that allowed me to focus on one layer at a time, while the others were still visible, but in a dark grey colour, so they wouldn’t distract too much.

Examples:

Ah, maybe you were already in the “draw trace” tool when changing the count of layers - in that case, the dropdown is not updated. So the “draw trace” tool must be left and re-entered to get the updated layer list.

Currently the only way is to (de)select all layers individually or with the help of the pre-defined layer sets at the bottom of the layer list:

grafik

My plan is to make these layer sets configurable, like in Eagle. Feel free to open a feature request for that, so we can discuss it in detail :slight_smile: