- Create a new project.
- Add capacitor and a ground symbol. Connect them in the circuit diagram.
- Placed on the board but not routed.
- Add Plane functions. (Signal = GND, Layer=Top Copper)
- Draw a rectangle starting top left then top right, next bottom right finally bottom left.
- Select the arrow tool.
- Click on each line in turn to show pop-up selection and that “Add Vertex”. Should fail on left hand line. (BUG: Unable to add vertex to plane.)
- Delete components from the board and circuit.
- Add Plane shows parameters but reports “Logic Error” when trying to draw a plane. Note Signal Property is blank and no other selection is available. (BUG: Inconsistent functionally. When a new project is created this function is disabled.)
- Re-create the previous capacitor and GND circuit.
- Go to the board editor. Add the capacitor to the board.
- Select Add Plane and ensure the Signal is GND also change the Layer to the Bottom Copper.
- Trying to add a plane fails reporting “Logic Error”.
- Change the Layer to Top Copper and retry Add Plane also fails with “Logic Error”. (BUG: Inconsistent functionality. This worked in step 4.)
Has any one else been able to reproduce these errors? Or should I just try to add this to the Git Hub Error Reporting?
Thanks for the detailed report. I haven’t yet tried to reproduce it, but from your description it seems like a bug.
Could you maybe open an issue on the GitHub project page?
Done: Inconsistent Plane Operation and Add Vertex to Plane Not Available #828