Updating local libraries

I am trying to figure out how the manual download is supposed to work. I can download all the files from a github.com repo but it is not a clone of the repo. This means that I cannot update to pull down any future changes nor can I push any changes that I make back upstream.

If manual download used git clone instead of downloading a zip file then it would be more useful.

John Eaton

Hi John,

Do You mean integrate git functions push/pull into LibrePCB?

Ed.

That would do it. Right now I can’t use the library manager but instead have to clone a git repo into the local library directory. Adding features like status ,add,commit and push would really be nice.

John Eaton

Hi John. Right now you have to manually clone the repository to your workspace/v0.1/libraries/local/ directory.

I agree that a clone option would be nice. Potentially even a “clone as local library” option in the library manager, to make contributions easier.

Hi. I’m trying to synchronize a local library between two computers. I copied the library folder from workspace/v0.1/libraries/local/, however, the library won’t show up in the library manager even after refresh. I also tried to copy in the pkg, cmp, and other folders into a new local library, but they aren’t auto detected by software. There is some unique hash associated with each component, and the software seems to be keeping track of these in some master ledger that I cannot find. Please help.

I had the same problem recently, but somehow it was solved when the libraries was rescanned. Try scanning the libraries again and/or restarting LibrePCB, see if that might work.

I do not think there is a master ledger, but I can be wrong on that one

Yeah, you need to restart LibrePCB after adding a new library. (Adding elements to an existing library should work after a refresh with F5.)

It’s possible that the library contains broken elements though. What OS do you use? If you run LibrePCB from the command line, you should be able to see error messages if the library is invalid (for whatever reason).