I have an idea: Library’s Mass editing.
Library is (mostly) combination of symbols, footprints and their parameters (Value, pin maps, … - called components).
Editing (or creating) parts/components in libs, is creating some combinations and relations between sym and foots. In each library editor (mean other EDAs also) is it long-distance run.
But, You imagine, shortcut:
- In library manager I create symbol (ex. resistor)
- next I create footprint (SMD 0805)
- finally I create a few components/parts
- And next - whole library I switch to mass editor - all fields of library I will see as in excel fields.
- I create/edit some field/fields like an Excel (CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+D, import/export csv,…)
- Save whole fields (sheet) back into lib.
- Bang! - in library I have complette resistors sets (E96, each with value, mfg. part number, link to datasheet,…)!
Of course, some fields cannot be edited (UID) - this fields will be locked in this fields editor.
This mass editor can be present also in SCH/PCB editor.
Firstly - I select object for mass edit (ex. Text), next I open mass editor form (aka excel sheet), and finally I can edit parameters on all selected objects (ex. size of texts) - and click to apply.
What do You think about this?