Package/Symbol editor: Table based editing

Sometimes you want to be able to easily edit multiple pins at the same time (e.g. position or size) without double-clicking every single one.

One option to simplify batch editing would be a table based editing UI.

mockup-2

(Sorry for the bad mockup…)

On top of that, maybe we could add functionality to edit multiple cells at once. But even if it’s just simple to navigate and copy/paste in that table, it would simplify editing some footprints/symbols a lot.

Filter options could be added as well (e.g. search name by regex, or filter by shape, etc).

3 Likes

Loving it, especially if there would/could be a button “change all to selected” underneath each column?

Hi,
In principe, I put some similar idea yet: Mass editing

Example:

Perfect will be for mass/batch edit, of the same attributes for all parts in used/selected libraries…
Of course, also for PCB and schematic editor also (batch edit of the same attributes).

I call for it!

Yes, very similar, but you want to mass-edit library elements, while I want to mass-edit objects within one library element.

I was also looking for a mass editing feature, but was thinking more in the lines of selecting multiple elements in schematic editor / board editor, open up the properties view (via e.g. double click), and then make common changes that should apply to all the elements. Currently, when I bring up the properties widget and make a change, it only applies to one element, not all the selected ones